Catcher University’s Monthly Membership guides catchers along the Catcher University Success Path.
What is the Catcher University Success Path?
Whether a catcher is a beginner or a professional prospect or somewhere in between, the Catcher University Success Path provides monthly Practice Plans, Art of Catching Articles, Science of Catching Lessons, and Character/Leadership Lessons to take his game to the next level.
Here are the details…
Each and every month you get new, fresh content in the following four categories…
WHO AM I AND WHY SHOULD YOU TRUST ME?
Catcher University Founder
My name is Matt Williams and I am the Founder of Catcher University. I started catching when I was 8 years old because I was the only kid who showed up to my little league game wearing a cup.
Since then, catching has allowed me to…
- travel the country playing in tournaments with fun and competitive summer teams
- become the first freshman to ever make varsity at my high school
- win every award possible in the state of Michigan except for one
- earn a scholarship to play baseball at Duke University
- start all four years at Duke as a catcher and catch more games than any other catcher in Duke’s history
- win many awards and honors while at Duke, including being named one of 13 semi-finalists for the Johnny Bench Award (given to the top D1 catcher in the country)
- get drafted by the Chicago Cubs in the 18th round after my senior year
- retire from professional baseball to pursue a career in coaching at the youth, high school, and collegiate levels
- work with players ranging from 8 years old and putting on catching gear for the first time all the way to highly ranked draft prospects
- 18th round draft pick of the Chicago Cubs in the 2009 MLB Draft
- 1 year of professional baseball experience at the Rookie and A- MiLB levels
- 2009 NCAA Johnny Bench Award Semi-Finalist (given to top Division 1 catcher)
- 2009 NCAA Lowe’s Senior class Award Nominee
- 4 year starter at Duke with a total of 216 games played in 4 years
- .310 career hitter while at Duke
- 4x ACC Honor Roll member
- 3x All-ACC Academic Team
- Co-Founded Youth Baseball Club that grew from 0-32 teams in just three years (2013-2016)
- Founded Catcher University to provide live and online training to catchers ranging from beginners all the way to top professional prospects (2015-present)
- High School Varsity Coach (2013)
- Collegiate Assistant Coach at MidAmerica Nazarene University (2014-17)
- Co-Founded Best in the US Showcases company that has provided showcase events all over the country with hundreds of college coaches and 1000+ players in attendance (2015-present)
- Private catching/hitting instructor (2012-present)
FREE Daily Drill Series Practice Plan
We want to give you a FREE copy/paste practice plan called the Daily Drill Series. This drill series is made up of our best, foundation-building drills that are guaranteed to help any catcher get better.
The best part? It is compiled into a routine that can be done in as little as 15 minutes.
Each drill includes a full explanation for the purpose, setup, execution and includes a full demo video.
Simply enter your email below and we will email you immediate access!